10/26/10

note to the public

a painting of mine was recently stolen from studio 3 at the Westchester Center for the Arts in White Plains. I realize the chances are slim that I will get it back, but I'd like to ask all of you to please keep your eyes open for it. it's a 22x18" canvas, on which I had painted blue capsules on a dark purple background. the thief didn't even exercise the patience to allow me to finish it. at the time that it disappeared, there was still a blank spot on the upper right hand side of the canvas. naturally, I am heartbroken and infuriated. if anyone spots it anywhere, PLEASE contact me promptly at beitiak@gmail.com.

and if you are reading this, my Anonymous Bandit, I urge you to consider the time and effort I put into this project. not only did you take something that I put a great amount of effort into, but what you have stolen is also an extremely personal piece of me. I'm more than willing to share my art, even with an amoral stranger. but I deserve the right to do so at my own discretion. at the very least, return it to where you found it and let me complete it. and although I owe you nothing, I'm even willing to let you steal it back once it's done. then you can be free to hang it up where you please, attempt to claim it as your own work, or whatever your intentions are. I beg you to show some compassion.

here is a picture of the second version I'm currently working on, which I will obviously not be leaving in the studio.


thank you for your time, and for anything you can do to help.

0 COMMENTS:

 
 
copyright © beitiak
design by diovo